Student Action with Workers is part of the Coalition for Workplace Democracy, which is fighting a provision in Senate Bill 575 that would remove approximately 22,000 University workers from the State Personnel Act. For all updates, please visit stopsb575.wordpress.com.
- Endorse the letter being sent to university chancellors system-wide.
- Organize a public letter delivery to your university’s chancellor.
- Submit a letter to the editor to any local newspaper. See a sample letter published in the Chapel Hill News, the Daily Tar Heel and the News & Observer.
- Plan a Teach-In/Speak-Out on your campus about SB 575.
- Come to the next coalition meeting in Saunders 321 on Wednesday at 5pm. (UNC Chapel Hill)
- Register to receive calls to action: http://stopsb575.wordpress.com/stay-informed/
- Learn more. Useful Documents: UNC Employee Resolution on SB 575, UNC Staff Assembly statement, Administration’s Response
- Attend the Board of Governors meeting in Chapel Hill at the General Administration Center on Friday, April 13, at 9am where they will be discussing SB 575.
- Email Tom Ross (firstname.lastname@example.org) asking him to stop pushing forward SB 575.